Thursday, October 15, 2009

HAGAR THE HORRIBLE: THE DAILIES 1973-74



It's the first 2 years of HAGAR THE HORRIBLE, scheduled for release next week in the brand new hardcover HAGAR THE HORRIBLE: THE DAILIES 1973-74.

Wow! $13.57 for 320 pages (according to Amazon)? That's a must buy.

Dik Browne was a master and this strip was his baby. When I was a kid, I cut out the first 6 months of the strip from the Lawrence (KS) Journal-World. I remember studying them and keeping them in neat little pile. That was, until they were lost in a move at some point in the 1970s. Great news that I can see them again after all these years.

Thanks for the heads up, Tony Madeiros!


And don't forget about the BEETLE BAILEY book as well.

1 comment:

dan reynolds said...

I have always been a fan of these two cartoons.
I read Hagar all the time when I was in the Navy. I think I'll have to get this one.
I'd love to meet this cartoonist!