Thursday, February 18, 2016

#tbt: Some More Mike in Kindergarten Photos by Dennis Lynch



Here are some photos of some of the proof sheets of that day in February 1967 when my Dad came in and took photos of my kindergarten class in Moorhead, MN.

I shared some other #tbt photos my Dad took here last week.

That's me, above, in the cool cowboy shirt. I guess it's the black and white Kodak Tri-X film, but these all sure seem like old photos. These could be from the 1940s! I don't recall who any of these kids are. Within a year, my family would move back to Iowa City for a couple years and I would never see any of them again. I do remember playing with a girl named Maureen and we would occasionally play house together and tell people we were going to get married when we were older. Do kids still play house in kindergarten? We also had a nap time. You can see a couple of photos where kids are lying down. If you were good, then you got to hold the class's hamster while lying still on your mat. I don't remember ever being good enough for that honor. Do they still have nap time in kindergarten? Are hamsters allowed? I don't know.











No comments: